Wednesday 16 January 2013

Macarons Wonderland & Paris Dreams


This afternoon I had the most wonderful dessert, and I felt as if I was at a bakery in Paris. It was French Macarons from Bobbette and Belles. The colorful Macarons were scrumptious. C'est Magnifique. The outer shell was light and crispy and the buttercream was smooth and decadent. With a cup of coffee the Macarons were to die for. I felt like a Parisian girl off on her bike to buy baguette, cheese and vegetables at the market for dinner. 

Paris has always inspired me, although I’ve never been there; the lifestyle and the idea of standing under the Eiffel tower, eating Macarons from Ladue, walking in the parks with your love, shopping in expensive boutiques and cruising along the Seine has always intrigued me. I want to sit outside a little café in Paris, eating Macarons, drinking sweet French coffee and breathing in the air while local Parisians walk by with their daily lives. My goal in Paris is to kiss my husband (haven’t found him yet, just looking around) under the Eiffel Tower in the night time. Ooh La La. The Eiffel Tower looks magnificent in the night; it is lit up from top to bottom. It looks so romantic. I want to immerse myself in a tiny bookstore; smell the old book and read until my hearts content. I want to buy expensive perfume and clothes from Chanel, Valentino, Prada, etc. so that when my friends ask where I got a certain item from I can say “from Paris of course”.  I especially want a snow globe of the Eiffel Tower that can remind me of my time there. I hope that one day I can actually go to Paris and live up to my dream. A magical month in Paris!!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Great post. I found you through the blog hop. Now following you.Please follow back on GFC friends if you can. Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that we just started, It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out.
    http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-4-linkup.html Thanks again
    Lenetta

    ReplyDelete